Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Working on a Maytag front load washer model number

MFW9700SB0. I have a fh...
Working on a Maytag front load washer model number MFW9700SB0. I have a fh code. I have the service manual, I put it in diagnostic mode code comes up on c1 and c3. I replaced water valve, still getting code. I blew through the pressure hose and it is clear. How do I check the flow sensor or control board? It agitates water comes in and it spins. The customer did say that they lost power during the Irma hurricane and when they went to go use it after the power came on it through the FH code.
Also the LED light is not lit on the water temperature display.
9/20/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The F/h error code means NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING MACHINE OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine, the valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed. OR If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow sensor has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display

First have the customer reboot the electronic control boards .by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes than plug it back in and #1 see if they still have the error code.

#2 see if the unit will then run . I doubt it is an issue with the water flow meter , but that is easy to test ,your going to use your volt -ohm meter set on ohms and gently blow into the flow meter you will have continuity and loose it ,as the inner paddle wheel sensor rotates if you do not have continuity and lose it as it rotates then it is bad ,and of course if you get no continuity it is bad.

If the reboot does not work I recommend replacing the main control board (CCU)

if you need part information just let me know I can provide that to you also!

Thank you

glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
I replaced the main control still getting fh code.

did you test the flow meter as described earlier ?

I have zero ohms when I touch the connection and when I blow through it I get about 227 ohms

ok and does that reading come and go as you blow into the flow meter or is it constant?

I can keep trying but it seems constant.

ok it should not be constant just there and gone ,there and gone as the paddle wheel turns .

And you are gently blowing into the flow meter correct almost like breathing into it.

I did breathe gently and his constant at 200 s

ok then I would replace it then .

If you look in it you will see a paddle wheel and one leg or paddle has a sensor on it and as it turns and meet the sensor it should have continuity and loose it as the wheel turns and that paddle comes around again it senses it .

The flow meter / CCU counts those signals and tell how much water is in the washer

do you need the part information ?

No thank you, ***** ***** ran it through a diagnostic mode after I put the flow sensor back on and ran a diagnostic and normal cycle and no code.

ok so you may have had a bad connection .let`s try to run a load and see what it does!

Thank you for your help .

glad to assist you anytime.