Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Paint is bubbling and peeling up in microwave under glass…

Customer Question
Paint is bubbling and...

Paint is bubbling and peeling up in microwave under glass turntable. What can I get to maybe repaint it.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model # is NN-AN 778S. Serial # is 6F4407824. Not sure when I bought it but manufactured date is April 2014

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Couple of months maybe. It's been bubbled for awhile but the peeling is getting worse. The last Panasonic I had did this too. Would rather repair it than replace it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So there is a specific paint you need to buy for microwave cavities so that it does not react with the microwaves. You'll need to remove the turntable and sand with very fine sand paper all the areas that are bubbling and chipping way. Then tape off anything you don't want painted. There is a spray paint for microwave cavities you can buy for about $10 or so. Below is a link to the paint you'd want to order and use.

CLICK HERE for paint

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Can I get the paint at a local hardware store? What kind is it?

You can not. You might be able to pick some up locally if you have an appliance PARTS store, but other than that you need to order it.

There is one. So what kind of paint?

It's just called microwave cavity paint---color Snow White.