Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Loud noise on spin cycle, model wtw4800x02, no, unit is 6…

Customer Question
Loud noise on spin...

Loud noise on spin cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Model wtw4800x02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit is 6 years old is it worth fixing?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're getting a loud noise only on spin, that means your main bearing and seal are going out. The issue with this model is that the seal is built into the transmission so you must replace the entire transmission to fix the issue. Now the part is normally over $200 but sears has been having a seal for about a month now where it's only $100 or so. Below is a link to the part you need to order and replace as well as a video on how to replace it if you'd like to replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for transmission

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?