Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an LG dishwasher and it isn't draining, i just

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG dishwasher and it isn't draining

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I just detached the pump from the drain line and the standing water drained out from the pump end

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

LG LDF7551ST yes I want to see if i can fix it before calling a tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its not very old the drain line is clear of debri, i checked it already when put in drain mode, the pump runs but makes a loud noise wondering if a damper of some sort is stuck in closed position

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If water poured out of the pump after removing the hose and the drain hose is clear then the drain pump is bad, it may be running but its not creating enough pressure to drain the water, and especially since you say the pump is running loud tells me the pump is bad and needs to be replaced. If the check valve was stuck water would not have drained out when removing the hose.

Dishwasher Drain Pump

Part #: ABT72909201 - click here for part info at sears

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

I see you have viewed that answer and the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a second to rate my assistance, thanks.