Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool cabrio just clicks and wont start the wash cycle,

Customer Question
Whirlpool cabrio just clicks...

Whirlpool cabrio just clicks and wont start the wash cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

No im researching for a friend and Im at work lol

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Thought it was lid lock but she says lid locks

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I know its a whirlpool cabrio, I wont have the model # till this evening

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

yes the lid may lock but does the lid lock light come on showing that the control board recognizes the lid is locked?

I'm not with the unit now until this evening. I was told the lid locks but light blinks and it won't start the cycle
No I'm not with the unit
How do I check for error codes

ok if the lid lock is blinking then the control board is not seeing the lid as locked.

with out a model number I can not tell you how to enter into a diagnostics mode to see if it has any stored error codes.

There is more then just one model of the Cabrio design.