Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Where is the 'water inlet valve' located in a kitchen aid…

Customer Question
Where is the 'water...

Where is the 'water inlet valve' located in a kitchen aid refridgerator #kfis20xvbl2

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 yrs 3kfis20xvbl2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i miss type the model #kfis20xvbl2

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have looked at the back of the unit and removed the bottom plate and did not see rhe inlet valve also in the iside of the unit there is a panel on the rear wall below the water filter gartridge holder i took that panel ouy and alas no valve please excuse my typing

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There are two inlet valves a single valve on the back that feeds the water to the water filter and then a dual valve that feeds the water to the ice maker and dispenser after going through the filter, the dual valve inside the refrigerator is the one that always goes out. Below is a video showing how to access that dual water valve.

click here for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a moment and rate my assistance, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?