Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We live in Miami florida and hurricane Irma just hit us. We…

Customer Question
We live in Miami...

We live in Miami florida and hurricane Irma just hit us. We had no damage but when we arrived at the apartment there was a big dark brown substance coming form under the refrigerator, it left a large stain. WE were gone 10 days and at the end of 10 days the substance was dried and it had a white sheen over it. The refrigerator is running perfect but something went wrong and we need to fix it and find out what the substance is, we have wood floors, so that we can clean the floors . WE have a GE Profile refrigerator model #PSC23SGRC SS. thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years model #PSC23SGRC SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO, we will also need for you to recommend someone please

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, we are very puzzled, the refrigerator is working fine but we are afraid our floor is ruined. we need to identify the problem and get someone that KNOWS help us. Thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The stain came from the drain pan below the refrigerator overflowing. Since the power was out so long, all the frost/ice inside the unit thawed out and overflowed the drain pan below the refrigerator. Normally the compressor would be running and it would cause the water to evaporate over time due to the heat. The only thing you can do at this point is turn the refrigerator on and let it run so the pan will dry out again, and try to clean up the floor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?