Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Iam trying to reset my fridge back to the factory settings,

Iam trying to reset...

Iam trying to reset my fridge back to the factory settings

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool gold, model GI5svaxq01 about 5 years old my touchpad is not working properly and my temperature controls can only let the fridge temp go down but not up right now my temperature is too low for the fridge and i want to reset the temperature back

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ive tried to unplug the fridge and plug it back in

9/20/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

This is not something you can just reset. The problem you're having is that your touchpad is just failing and the touchpad needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to replace and it's about $330.

CLICK HERE for touch control pad

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc