Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My KitchenAid high-end dishwasher is using the rinsing agent

My KitchenAid high-end dishwasher is using the rinsing agent (JetDry) way too quickly. It seems I have to refill it every four washes. How do I correct this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'll get the model in a moment. It's perhaps 5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model KUDS35FXSS Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Outside of the model #, I don't know what else to tell you.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Tyler.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I assume a seal has failed and a component needs to be replaced. Please let me know your assessment. If a part needs to be replaced, please tell me the part #, where I can buy it, and where I can find instructions to do so.

Good morning. Can you look at the model around the front frame of the tub? You're missing a number at the end of your model. Can I get that number?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just a moment. It's running so I have to go grab the manual.

ok

It's not on the manual. I need the one from the sticker around the frame of the tub. You can just open the door mid cycle and then close the door and continue the cycle after getting the number.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Missing digit is 5.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model KUDS35FXSS5. Did you get this?

Perfect, thank you. If the rinse agent is dispensing that quickly, the control board can't possibly cause the issue. The only thing that can cause the dispenser to use so much rinse agent is the dispenser itself. There isn't an adjustment you can make because in no way should the dispenser empty that fast even on the highest setting which means the dispenser will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

CLICK HERE for dispenser

As far as how to replace it, below is a video that shows you how.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the info, Tyler. I can rate you based on giving me the part # and video to replace, but I can't REALLY rate my satisfaction until I know if fits my dishwasher and the instructional video is appropriate. I guess what I'm saying is that I won't really know if I'm 5-star satisfied until I order, receive the part, and replace it with your instructions.Am I supposed to rate now and again later?

You are supposed to rate now and then you get an E-mail with a link to come back and ask follow-up questions if you need.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tyler, OK, that's a good process. Thanks for your help. 5 stars for now and I hope this is all I need! If not, and I use the link to come back, does it reconnect me to you?

Yes, it goes right back to this question so you can either re-read our conversation or ask me follow-up questions directly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Awesome. Have a great day!