Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a may tag french door fridge with ice maker in the…

Customer Question
I have a may...

I have a may tag french door fridge with ice maker in the left side of refrigerator... The ice bucket is jammed and I can not remove it. release button depresses but the tray does not move.... like it is jammed. Even with it defrosted, it will not let go.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Lots of numbers...does MFI2569VEMF mean anything to you?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sure, if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to be able to pull the tray out to get to the ice without always using dispenser

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
man--this is so bogus-- Your link led me to believe that there was actually a technician ready to help me immediately. this is a rip off....
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

All of us Appliance experts work form our own remote locations , and some of use work more then one job during the week day .

I myself get up at 4 am EST spend 2-3 hours in my own office of my appliance repair company ,then I got to teach for three hours , then come on Just answer to assist customers like you until 5 p.m.

Not many of us are up and working on Just Answer at 5 A.M. in the morning .

And I do not know of many web sites that have experts on line 24 /7 .

And your model number will be either MFI2569VEM1 or MFI2569VEM4 not an F on the end!

And if you can press the release button but the ice container will not move ,you may have a ice maker that has leaked water and is frozen up in the ice storage container.

And if that is the case the only way that you going to get the container out of the icemaker sleeve is to turn the refrigerator OFF and let it manually defrost to then be able to pull the ice storage container out of the sleeve.

Then plug the unit back in and wait to see if the icemaker is actually leaking water down into the ice storage container.

And this will take several hours after the unit is plugged back in for the ice maker to get cold enough to freeze the water and cycle to refill.

now there is also a second thought !! and that is if the ice container release is broken ,then you will have to force the ice container out of the sleeve.

And that will mean that your bound to break something in the ice storage container and it would then need to be replaced.

I can provide you with any part information that you may need for this model also .

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

And I apologize that the Just Answer web site (that I`m an expert for ) did not have some one available to answer your questions immediately.

It is the appearance that my initial contact with ASK was from a real person and not a computer generated message that enticed me to click to the link to begin with. It ticked me off that it merely was a lure to get me to literally buy into the ASK forum. I was excited to see someone was responding at that hour and was eager to have my question answered. I thought I had already gone down the defrost root-- but maybe it did not completely melt. I will not be able to try this until late tonight or tomorrow morning. Will I have able to have follow up questions answered without additional charges??My ire was not towards you as a technician but for the ASK website. I really did not expect there to be someone available in the wee small hours... but the way the computer immediately asked for model info and if I was going to do the repair myself led me to believe someone was on the other end, so to speak. Please do not take my complaining as a personal attack... it had nothing to do with you-- it had everything to do with ASK. I am appreciative for your response. Thank you.

And this web site is Just Answer we are not ASK

I I know your issue was not with me ,that is no problem

And yes just reply back when you can I will assist you ant no extra charge with as many relies as needed .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

thank you...

Please remember to rate me ,you have not done that as of yet!

ok== held off on rating you until i was able to follow your suggestions. I let the fridge ice ben defrost over night. to be able to do that, i flipped dedicated circuit breaker... got tray out no problem. cleaned everything out...
but now the fridge is not running. the keyboard will flash the numbers 0 and 30 where temp for freezer and fridge. the light in the dispenser bay comes on, the keypad lock light will flash, and then everything goes dark.. and it stays that way for a few minutes -- like it is off -- and then the light on the dispenser will come on and the key lock flashes as well as the 0/30. might flash a few times while i try mashing every key i can find-- but it will go dark again in about 20 seconds. Lights are on interior of the unit so it not a power issue. was told by a friend i should push the door alarm and the freezer temp down pad-- but that has not changed the sequence of events.... so what do i do now?
ok-- plugged and unplugged-- tried the alarm and freezer down buttons-- the door to the ice been popped... and now it is reading 888 888 and all lights come on no matter what button is pressed. if press the dispense bar- loud tone-- sustained beep... but it still is not doing anything. How can leaving it unplugged for 9 hours cause these issues..?
Master Tech
Master Tech