Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a whirlpool WDT710PAYM3 dishwasher that will not

I have a whirlpool WDT710PAYM3 dishwasher that will not start the wash motor. It will drain. It fills with water then nothing happens. Is there a way I can check diagnostic codes to determine if it's a bad motor?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: maybe 5 years WDT710PAYM3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's not too difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

so all that happens is it fills with water and then that water drains?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
it fills with water as normal (although like a trickle slowly but it has always done that) goes through the whole cycle without a motor starting, then drains.
I ran the diagnostics. I am getting 5-2, 6-2, 6-2 return codes.
Can you help?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I also removed the filter and cleaned it.

just one moment while I pull up some information.

so the errors you are getting is a stuck door lock and low water pressure.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10380262/0022/665.html?modelNumber=WDT710PAYM3&categoryName=Dishwasher&brandName=WHIRLPOOL

I would also replace this part and see if that changes the low water coming in

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10316814/0022/665.html?modelNumber=WDT710PAYM3&categoryName=Dishwasher&brandName=WHIRLPOOL

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok, a stuck door lock makes no sense at all.
I suppose the water inlet valve might be the problem? although I'm not quite sure how that is preventing the motor from turning on and actually starting.

its not opening and closing like its supposed to during certain points of the cycle. If its not in the closed position when its time for the motor to come on the control board wont tell the motor to run.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok thank you for that. Obviously it doesn't seem logical and I was worried that the motor might be bad or in fact the entire control board would be bad. Either one of those would be a more expensive fix.
I'm wondering with the hard water I have that maybe the valve eventually just got clogged with sediment like my water heaters did.
Either way it's a relatively cheap fix about $50 and it seems simple enough to replace, or not very difficult.
I appreciate your help and I will order one and give it a try myself.

you are very welcome. I don't think the control board is an issue the motor could be but hopefully its not.