Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Thanks,, I live in florida and I have a frigidaire stove, it…

Customer Question
Thanks, ***** ***** is*****...

Thanks, ***** ***** is***** live in florida and I have a frigidaire stove, it is a cook top with oven included and as sun as we got power back from huricane Irma, for some reason even if it is everything off, the oven warm up and also the vent works, no way to stop it except if I disconect it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased on July 2013

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well if it is simple, yes why not, but if not, I have to ask for a tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? The label is normally down by the drawer. Pull it open and look on the leg of the oven.

Also,can you clarify the problem?

I understand that you are turning the 'oven' on and it will not turn off by hitting the cancel button on the clock? Only by unplugging it will the heating element in the oven turn off, correct?

You mention the 'vent' what are you referring to?

Thanks

Don

No, I'm saying that when the power got back, for some reason the oven is warming up and a fan works, I never turn on but I can't turn off, only if I unplug it

Is the heating element turning red? Is the bottom (bake) or is it the top (broil) unit getting hot?

No

Is the bottom (bake) or is it the top (broil) unit getting hot / warm?

Do you have a voltmeter?

I don't let it go that far and I don't know that's why I'm looking for a tech and I'm sorry but I think you can't help me because I don't know about these and I'm afeéis about electricity and don't want to try or touch, I thought that some body is going to come to my house and fix it for me, that why I'm paying

I am a tech and I can help you repair it yourself vs paying for a technician to come to your home. JA is a self help website designed to help guide people in DIY repairs. But you need to be able to do basic mechanical repair. If you like I can do some research on locating a local repair shop that you can call and set up a service call to your home by a technician. All I would ask is a positive from you is a positive rating on my helping you locate a technician for you.

Is this what you would like me to do tonight for you?

No that Is something that I can do but what happen with a payment that I did to a web site but no body come to my house to do the repair, I never use this and I don't know how it works, actually I type on google and ask for frigidaire repair shop near me and you are the ones that comes in my computer, so this is something that confuse to people

JA is not a repair service. You need to contact customer support for a refund. I am only a phone tech.

Thanks I will do