Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker is dripping water into the bin creating large…

Customer Question
The ice maker is...

The ice maker is dripping water into the bin creating large chunks of ice. Is this a valve issue?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

1 sec while i write it down.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what is is, I am a retired plumbing contractor. It is an Amana ACD2234HRQ, 12 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ice maker cycles, cubes are good, water flow to ref. is fine.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Is the icemaker producing ice cubes? Are they normal in size?