Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I get a Cabrio Washer lid to unlock? It was on the…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get a Cabrio Washer lid to unlock? It was on the "drain and spin" cycle. Unplugging the machine did not unlock it. The red lid lock light is flashing.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Whirlpool Cabrio top load--could be 6-7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cannot access the model number, but it does not have a glass lid and I can't find my manual

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

The red flashing light is indicating there is a problem.

I would like the model number but you can't see it with the lid locked.

Is there a turnable dial on the console?