Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have an LG front loading washer. Model number WM2655HVA.

I have an LG front loading washer. Model number WM2655HVA. Today it washed several loads of clothes and I heard a loud noise and the washer was off. Now I can't get it to turn back on. We have determined that there is power to the outlet that it is plugged into. If I spin the tub with my hand, the lights on the front of the machine will flicker on but it won't stay on. Any ideas?

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.

give me just a moment please

so sadly from what you are describing I believe your issue is with the control board having gone bad and needing to be replaced. You can try unplugging the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset to see if it will work after that but if not then the control board is going to need to be replaced. This is the part for your unit.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/EBR74798604/0026/795.html?modelNumber=WM2655HVA&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=LG

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We did try and unplug it for awhile and plug it back in, with no luck. Thank you for the information. I guess replacing the control board is better than having to buy a new washer.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Ordered a new control board and replaced the old one and the washer still will not turn on.

ugh I am so sorry to hear that with these control boards its always hard to tell which one it is that has went out. The only other option is that the display control board has went out as well

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/EBR36870731/0026/795.html?modelNumber=WM2655HVA&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=LG