Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a old 4 6 cup coffee maker my daughter gave me, but…

Customer Question
I have a old...

I have a old 4 6 cup coffee maker my daughter gave me, but it doesn't have any information for the manuel

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a year, I KNOW IT HAS TO BE CLEANED WITH A SOULUTION OF VINEGAR AND WATER

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Can you help me?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Do you have the Make and Model number please
Generally on the base will be a compliance plate with the details

From there we can look into the method for you

Just a quick follow-up as I have not heard from you for a while.

Anything more to report ?

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

OK, just heard from Admin that there are no Code numbers

Generally, manufacturers prefer that you use a Descaling Solution (widely available)

Vinegar can also be used, but is a second choice

In general terms, here is the How To

If it is a Drip Filter machine...

1. Fill the coffee maker's water chamber with equal parts white vinegar and water.
  2. Using a paper filter, allow to brew until half the chamber is empty.
  3. Turn thecoffee maker off and let it sit for 30 minutes, then finish brewing.
  4. Rinse the machine by using a new paper filter to brew a pot of clear water.

If it is an Espresso type machine...

These will point you in the right direction... the principle is very much the same... a mild acid to dissolve the calcium carbonate... if you can use filtered water for your brew, that will also help, especially if you live in an area with "hard" water

General Method
Video

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.