Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator is leaking water all…

My Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator...

My Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator is leaking water all over the kitchen floor, and the freezer side is frosting up.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Three years old. I can't find the model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would rather have someone else do it, but if the work is not too hard I would be willing to try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has water and ice dispenser on the freezer door.

9/20/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thank you. I think I can do that.