Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Samsung Fridge/Freezer side by side refrigerator

We have a Samsung Fridge/Freezer side by side refrigerator S/N 027242BQ50006-1. The freezer has a fishy smell that we cannot get rid of. We have turned off the appliance for two days and thoroughly washed all shelves and inside with a solution of bicarb soda and water. The smell is still there, seems to be coming from the ice dispenser. What can we do please? Many thanks for your assistance.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is approximately 8 years. Model SRS610HDSS (very small print, hard to read).
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just how do we get rid of the awful smell in the freezer please

One moment while I get some information for you!

Let the unit run and ball up newspaper into several large balls and place them all in the freezer and let it run for a few days the smell will be gone.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** wet the newspaper?

No just dry newspaper just crumple up a bunch of large balls and place as many as you can in the freezer with your items and leave it run.