Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I have a kenmore model # 970-418720, freezer on top. The

I have a kenmore model ####-##-#### freezer on top. The freezer seems to leak water through to the back of the fridge.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The previous owner said the fridge is only maybe 3-4 years old. It's a Kenmore model #970-418720; serial number BA52414613
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
HiWhen you get this fault it's near enough always a blocked drain hole in the freezer.The easiest way to cure this is a 24 hour defrost. Empty the freezer turn the power off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours and this will defrost the drain hole.Or another way to do this empty the freezer and remove the back panel and side at the back. From there you will see the drain gutter at the very bottom. Clear the ads from there and then you will see the hole. Pour hot water in there the following melts the ice in the hole.Once the drain is clear refit the panel and that will sort the fault from there.Regards