Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Jenn Air Downdraft Range. It now only displays

I have a Jenn Air...
I have a Jenn Air Downdraft Range. It now only displays temps in Celsius and it won’t let us select our own temp for the oven, you have to choose from the ones it offers.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think it is a JES9800CAS and was new in 2008 or 2009.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
9/19/2017
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Jenn Air range. Please give me a moment to review your model. Also, who am I speaking with?

Patsy
No thx. Let's continue by text

Hi Patsy. Can you tell me how long the range has been showing the temperature in Celsius?

Maybe 2 wks

Ok, I can walk you through it, but maybe you would like for me to email you the owners manual?

Please email the manual. Do u think it is just a setting issue?

Yes, I do. Please give me your email address.

What caused it to happen?

Not sure. Some times a power surge can do that. I will send you the manual. First I can give you the summary of how to get it out of Celsius mode if you'd like.

Plz

1. Press SETUP

2. Use right Quickset pad to scroll to C/R

3. Select C/F using the left Quickset pad.

4. Select the desired temperature scale using the Quickset pads.

5. Press SETUP to exit the Setup menu.

I will email the manual shortly. It is a large file, so may take a while to get to you.

- Would you mind rating my service to you? Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. (TIPS) are appreciated! Thank you.

Engineer-Tech

Thank you! I sent the manual. It is a large file - so if you don't get it in the next 10 minutes, please let me know.

Please refer to page 13 of the owner's manual for the bake function. There are options to use the number pad or the quick-set pads. That should have the information you need for that issue. Thanks.

Also, Fahrenheit gives you more resolution. You can set it in 1 degree resolution whereas Celsius gives you 5 degree resolution. Thus just setting it to Fahrenheit may solve the other issue as well.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech