Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Panasonic microwave is showing a "(98)" error code. We…

Customer Question
Our Panasonic microwave is...

Our Panasonic microwave is showing a "(98)" error code. We googled it & saw a short video which said only to unplug the microwave. Then plug it back in after 1 minute. We did that twice. After which the microwave would work for about 30 seconds.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

The power was out in our trailer for 2 days due to Irma. The only information on the unit is, "The Genius Prestige". We don't know where the owner's manual is.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started today. Yesterday it worked fine

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

We bought it about 5 years ago

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The H98 error code indicates a primary failure in the magnetron or inverter circuitry.

If it is the magnetron the repair will run about $250.00 to $400.00. The inverter will be a little more depending on the extent of the testing that the tech does to be sure that is the problem.

As microwave repairs really need to be carried out by a trainned tech as they can hold very high voltage in there even when its unplugged. So you need to be really carefully with them.

But usually for that code its the inverter unit thats the fault on these im afraid.

Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards