Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag dishwasher MDBH969AWS2 will not work, Some lights on…

Customer Question
Maytag dishwasher MDBH969AWS2 will...

Maytag dishwasher MDBH969AWS2 will not work , Some lights on control panel work, some do not, when pushing the start buttons then lights that come on go off. The power drain will work

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 years old model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think I gave you all I know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

ok so you can select a cancel drain and the unit will go into a drain mode then stop correct?

And if correct you select other cycles and options and the lights will go on for those selections but then they go off and the unit will not start is that also correct?

to both replys

I rejected the phone call because I did not need it ot tel you want you need to replace, and that saved you $24.00 .

you have a faulty main control board ( the unit showing lights then goes off )

you will need to replace the control board inside the door .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Good morning Woody, I ordered the control board and installed it just as you said that this was the problem. With shipping and taxes it was $220. after installing I had the exact same problem as before where not all of the lights would not light and the dishwasher would not start
Woody are you there this morning?

ok so you replaced the control board ,and when you press any key pad on the control panel not all of the keypad lights light up correct?

And if they do when you press the start button those lights on the keypads that were lite ,then go out!

When you press start is the door already closed or are you pressing start then closing the door?

Pressing and then closing the door
I will give you a rating after everything works and it will be a five
I have to leave home now but will check your response when I get home later. We always in the past pushed the normal wash setting, Canceled the heated dry, Pushed start with the door open closed it and it ran

if replacing the main control board id not fix the issue .

Will the light still go out after you close the door and NOT press Start?

And if you press cancel key once and close the door will the unit then start?

so all you did was turn the heated dry option off and then the unit would run?

The light stays on
I will check back later

ok so if the lights will only go off once you press start ,when your pressing start your telling the electronic control board to start the unit.

So you have to have either a wiring issue on the control board or a bad control board.

And the unit does this no matter what cycle or options you have selected.

Like say you press Normal , heated dry and press start all the lights go out as soon as you close the door ?

Like I said in the initial problem not all of the lights come on like they used to, so is that telling us that the key board is bad and not the controll is bad and not the electronic control board?

ok your keep saying ALL the lights come on.

Not ALL the lights should come on ,only the lights should be illuminated for the key pads that you have selected is that what you mean or are you saying that ALL the lights come on at one time?

I know that only the selected lights should come on, but most of the lights will not come on when they are selected

ok your very first post say ALL the lights come on ,when pushing the start buttons then lights that come on go off. .

now your saying the NOT all the lights come on when you press the keypads.

So if your pressing say normal and the light does come on if you press start the light just goes off after you press start?

And on some keypads when you press them the corresponding lights do not come on at all !

Never all the lights come on, just a few of the ones when I select them come on, Others do not come on when I select them, And yes if I select normal and the light comes on it will go off when I select Start. and some never come on

ok so if some never come on it will be a control panel /console issue.

But when you select say normal and press start and close the door does the normal light go out as soon as you close the door or like two minutes later?

Master Tech
Master Tech