Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I hope you can help me. I'll give you the readers digest…

Customer Question
I hope you can...

I hope you can help me. I'll give you the readers digest version of a simple story. I won a Maytag clothes dryer I bought in early 2002. It has sat in my garage for ages and is just like new. I lease a townhouse that came equipped with a Kenmore washer & dryer. There is currently an issue with the Kenmore that I don't want to deal with until I return from vacation. I moved the Maytag into the utility room and discovered that my Maytag has a 4 pronged electrical plug. The Kenmore has a 3 pronged electrical plug, and the house is equipped with a 3 prong electrical receptacle. Question - If I remove the 3 pronged cord from the Kenmore and put it on my Maytag, will I damage the Maytag dryer that is currently equipped with a 4 prong cord?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I am at my office and I do not have the Maytag model number. However the Kenmore Model # is 110.60972990

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes trying to do the work myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

no you will not damage the Maytag ,all you have to do is to wire the white Neutral and the green ground together.