Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag refrigerator model number mfi2568aes. i

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag refrigerator model number mfi2568aes. i replaced the control module and it will not accept the code.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Five years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. i already bought the control module and installed it, but it won't accept the code.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it just won't accept the code.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. What part number control are you installing?
  2. What is the serial number of your refrigerator, please?
part number control: 160831 30(###) ###-####serial number: 10063370JG

The part number should look like W10112345

SW7160831

No, the number will start with W and then have 8 more numbers.

nothing starts with a W on the part.

The part number will be on the box, not on the board. If it is not taking the code, you likely have the wrong board. The series 10 (first two numbers of the serial number) takes the W10890094 board below. The series 12 and above take a different control.

CLICK HERE

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.