Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher keeps tripping my fuse.

My Whirlpool Gold Series...

My Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher keeps tripping my fuse. Is there a way to determine where the problem is coming from?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is at least 4 years old. The sticker says mod WDT71PAYM0 SER F13815676

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband is a handyman. If possible, he will do the work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Just trying to determine if it is a job we can do ourselves, and where to start looking.

9/19/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

do you mean the house fuses? or the thermal fuse inside the dishwasher door?

House fuse at the box
No thanks.

ok if the no thanks was for a phone call prompt I did not send it to you that is done by the web site NOT I .

And since you say it is the house fuse that is blowing can you tell me how long approx does the dishwasher run before this fuse pops?

And what amperage is this fuse?

The dishwasher seems to run its entire cycle. When I go to turn it on again, it gives me an blinking error light. When I turn the fuse off and back on again, then I can run the dishwasher.Do you need additional information?

what light is it that is blinking?

If it is the clean light how many times is it blinking before it pauses and starts all over again.

and the unit is NOT tripping the fuse your just powering the unit off and rebooting the electronic control board .

Its the clean light. Not sure how many times it blinks. I know it is just a few. I will have to run the machine through its cycle again to find out how many times it blinks. So, it sounds like you think the problem is with the electronic control board. Is that something that can be repaired/replaced or do you think it would be better to get a new machine?

no It is NOT an issue with the control board.

if the clean light is blinking you will need to run a diagnostics

To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following while in standby:

■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3- 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between keys.

■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed

Then count the blinks .

It should blink a number of times ,pause and blink another number of times .

Once you tell me the number of times it blinks before and after the pause then I can tell you what the error code is for!

Done..5 and then 2.

Thank you the error code of F5-E2 means Control programmed to not start if it suspects the door switch is stuck closed. Control looks for the door switch to open between cycles. ■ Customer didn’t open the door between cycles or door switch contacts stuck closed.

If you turn the dishwasher on after resetting the fuse .and open the door will the unit stop when you open the door?

No, it does not stop.

ok You have a bad door latch assembly it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

here is a video showing you how to replace this part .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyW4gfHODg

Thanks so much for your help. If I have any questions, I will let you know.

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
Master Tech
Master Tech