Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a 4 year old Frigidaire model FPMV 189 KF over the

I have a 4 year old Frigidaire model FPMV 189 KF over the range microwave. The light works; the turntable works; the timer works, but it is not heating food. Cause?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Both questions are in my original message.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. I do not have technical expertise.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

from what you saying I suspect you have a bad heat relay on the control board ,which means the entire control board has to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Is it common for the heat relay to fail in a 4 year old microwave?

it did not used to be but manufactures are making parts so cheap now I know for a fact that some manufactures do testing on part so they fail just out of warranty .

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No surprise. Thanks.