Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My maytag centennial washer does everything but when the

cycle gets to rinse it...
my maytag centennial washer does everything but when the cycle gets to rinse it does nothing.installed new door switch
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years model#mvwc400xw4
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes why
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i can go throuh with a reboot it will drain an spin. then i tried a light cycle an it goes blank after washer an will not do anything until you rest or reboot
9/19/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

does the unit fill with water for the rinse cycle or is it stopping befroe it fills?

Master Tech
stops before it fills. put in the rinse spin cycle an now it is filling with water
Phone call session started

ok so it will fill if you manually select rinse and spin but in any other cycles it just stops when it get to the fill for the rinse cycle correct?

that is correct

ok calling you!

Master Tech
Master Tech