Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher, the nornal button keeps

I have a Kitchenaid...

I have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher, the nornal green button keeps blinking and none of the other buttons will work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mod # KuD102FR880 it's about 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The dishwasher has power but only the normal light is blinking and nothing else is working.

9/19/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is that light flashing slow and in a pattern or fast and continuously?

Fast and continuously.

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

No call please.

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

the green light blinks continuously, what should i do?

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

I will try that and get back to you.

Sounds good, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician