Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool builtin electric oven. It has started to…

We have a whirlpool...

We have a whirlpool builtin electric oven. It has started to act wierd today. My wife was baking and the oven locked and went into self clean mode. The door would not open and there was still something in the oven. We finally got it to cancel. Now I am worried that it has become dangerous.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about ten years old. Is the model number stamped on it somewhere? We cannot find the manuel.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. We have a service plan with our local gas company.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that it has worked fine until now.

9/19/2017
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Is it possible someone had the timer set for it to go into self clean? If not and you are certain no one accidentally set it to self clean then the board needs to be replaced for sure and you will want to keep the power off the range when not in use for safety issues until its fixed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Joel Swenson