Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer often stops in mid cycle and the door opens. It…

Customer Question
My dryer often stops...

My dryer often stops in mid cycle and the door opens. It happens especially when it is very humid.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No. It always starts but sometimes just stops. I can try that.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is fairly simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Could it be that the door doesn't latch properly?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Whirlpool Duet Model #9200SQ00

your missing the letter on the front of the model number.

they would normally be like a GGW or a GEW

Are you there?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?