Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE quietpower 3 dishwasher has suddenly started humming…

Customer Question
My GE quietpower 3...

My GE quietpower 3 dishwasher has suddenly started humming and vibrating. Anything I can do to quiet it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Washer is 10 years old. I'll have to look for the exact model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I'm just wondering if this is something a regular homeowner can handle.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Washer has given us great service. Hope this isn't something that calls for a replacement.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I`m going to need a bit more information other then it just started vibrating and humming!

like where is this humming coming from ?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Thank you for your time. I've decided to contact a local repair tech. Bill Hughes

No problem at all Bill, Thank you for replying back and letting me know .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.