Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need help diagnosising refrigarator, kenmore

Customer Question
Need help diagnosising refrigarator ...

Need help diagnosising refrigarator

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kenmore model10650542001 16 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Allready changed defrost hearer worked good 2 weeks then frosted up again

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You have three components in the defrost system .

The defrost heater ,defrost thermostat (on the freezer Evaporator coil ) and the defrost timer located in the fresh food section control panel .

Have you manually advanced the defrost timer to see if you can get the defrost heater to come on or not?