Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchenaid side by side. I am in florida and we had…

Customer Question
I have a kitchenaid...

I have a kitchenaid side by side. I am in florida and we had a 7 day power outage. during the outage, the h20 feeder line into the icemaker sprung a leak. I repaired it, but the icemaker is shut off and won't come back on. I found a site that gave reset instructions, but that didn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

KSRX25F

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And KSRX25F is only about 1/2 of the full model number!

I am looking at the sticker on the inside of the door and there are no other numbers or letters after the above

If open the fresh food section door or doors and on the interior wall near the top is the model /serial tag.

found it---ksrx25fnbt01 serial# *****

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

ok the icemaker on /off switch is located on the freezer interior wall on the right hand side . the slide switch of course should be in the on position.

How did you read to reset the ice maker?

and what is the temperature in the freezer at this time?

The icemaker will not make ice unless the internal thermostat in the icemaker gets below 15 degrees .

1. icemaker switch on
2. temperature not a problem---ice in a bag rock solid
3. a website told me that if the red light was flashint, to tape down the small hatch door in the freezer, close door for 10 seconds, open up again, press the door switch 3 times, close immediately, wait 5-50 seconds.
are you still there?

ok That`s a new one on me .

The On/Off switch is just that on or off.

So you have the ice maker turned on .

And since the water was turned off to the icemaker was the ice maker also turned off at that time?

If not open the door and feel in the top of the icemaker to see if you feel any ice or water in the cube cavities

ice maker was not turned off, just the water ...ice cube cavities bone dry....water apparently not getting to the icemaker, but water flowing freely for the chilled water dispenser.
the red light is flashing and the hatch door is open, won't shut. when I taped it shut as the above mentioned website suggested, the redlight stopped flashing.
the website suggested I reset the icemaker----

ok the light and flapper are working correctly.

The issue is the ice maker had no water / ice in the cavities to make the ice maker thermostat get down to that 15 degrees to cycle and dump the cubes and refill.

You can let it set and the cavity will eventually get down to the 15 degrees or you can take a small glass of water & ounces and pour into the ice maker cavities for it to freeze and start the icemaker to working. which once you pour the water in should take approx 2 hours for the water to freeze and the ice maker to cycle on its own.

And there is not resetting the icemaker!

Unless they are calling the filling of the cavities a reset.

ok, I put the temp control for the freezer to full blast 5 and poured a little h20 into the cavities.

ok so now it will take approx 2 hours and it should cycle and dump those cubes from the water that you just poured in and then refill with water to make more cubes .

how many times do I have to refill the cavities before it becomes automatic?
when does the flap door shut? when it's taped shut, the red light doesn't blink.
does the icemaker need a reset?
I just re-read your answer above. did you mean that once it cycles the water I put in it will fill on its own?

the flapper shuts when the ice container hits it when the freezer door is closed.

And you should only have to fill the ice maker once for it to start on it`s own.

one last thought, I couldn't fill the cavities all the way without spilling. will partially filled cavities start the process?

you do not want to fill them completely just about 1/2 way or only 7 ounces of water .