Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge gfwh2400loww washer that has no display on front…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge gfwh2400loww washer that has no display on front panel. Took apart washer last week and found i did have 120vac going to main control board and the fuse is still good. When i measure voltage at the display control board molex plug i have 52 volts going to display board with it plugged in and not plugged in. I believe the main control board is bad but just confirming its not the display board. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 yrs old ge gfwg2400loww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i am a hvac service tech, but becasue i dont work on washers to often im second guesing myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can get the board from ge for $170 or they will replace it foe $550. oviously i would like to go the cheaper route because its only 6 yrs old.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

As shown on the wiring schematic linked below you should have 12 volts on line BR-20 and & 7 volts coming out of BL - 20 from the main board to the user interface if not the main board is bad, if the correct voltage is present the user interface is bad:

click here for wiring schematic

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I have 52 vac to ground on those two legs. I also have 7 vdc and 12vdc when measuring across those wires. Also have 0 vdc when checking to ground. Is it safe to say it's the interface board has gone out? And if so is this common?
Als it does not clarify in the schematic if it is Dc Or ac voltage .
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Its dc voltage so ya the main board is good and the user interface is bad, and ya its common for them to go out.

please remember to rate my assistance the directions for doing so are listed below:

You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you.