Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The water level dial on my Magic Chef washing machine

Customer Question
The water level dial...

The water level dial on my Magic Chef washing machine (#W20HN23) will not reset--?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The water level on my Magic Chef(#W20HN23)will not reset...extra low only?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible...machine is in a log cabin we own in N.H....don't know of any appliance repair people in the area(Sandwich,N.H.)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tried resetting the dial a few times ....still only XL level...could there be a reset switch?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The water level pressure switch on the unit is bad and needs to be replaced. The replacement switch is listed below, its located inside the washer console.

Washer Water-Level Pressure Switch

Part #: 35-2801 - click here for part info at sears

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Also here is an image showing the part location and how to remove it:

click here for image

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have viewed the answer and the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a second to rate my assistance, thank you.