Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag 5000 series dryer with steam and I want to…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a maytag 5000 series dryer with steam and I want to unhook and remove the dryer. it seems the washer and dryer have water coming out of the same faucet. By removing the dryer steam do I have to cap it so I can still run the washer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2010

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dryer door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?