Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker is not producing ice, how can I fix it. less…

Customer Question
My ice maker is...

My ice maker is not producing ice, how can I fix it.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Less than a year old it is a Frigidare Professional model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If that is possible I will

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

?

Contractor's Assistant: What confuses you?

What else do you need to know it is a fairly new refrigerator and the ice make has stopped working for some reason

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

FPSC2277RF1

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

the icemaker bail arm is in the down position correct?

And if you feel in the top of the ice maker do you feel any ice or water in the cube cavities?

what is a "bail arm" (there appears to be no arm in relation to this ice make that I can see and I can feel one cube in the cavity no water

the bail arm is the plastic arm that swings from under the icemaker .

As seen in this parts break down

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/1/347/00000157/680/900

I see nothing like that

ok that is the icemaker that the manufacture shows for the model number that you have given me.

Can you sent me a photo of the icemaker that you have in the unit ?

by text?

just use the attachment icon (paper clip ) and send it thru this chat

sorry to hold you up but I am not very good at this tech stuff and I don't know how to attach I see no (paper clip) icon

ok can you verify that your model number is ***** FPSC2277RF1 and you only have one icemaker in this model correct?

it does show that to be the model number inside the refridg however below it, it show an "ice maker kit -glacons with a model number JCD-23 if that helps

ok so that is the icemaker that the manufacture shows and how do you turn your icemaker on /off if it does not have the bail arm ?

never had to before, when we hooked up to the water supply the ice started to produce on its own I do not see any on/off switch, however on the door there is an area you can shut off and turn on the ice you hold it for three seconds to shut off then the same to turn on

ok and that shows that the icemaker is in the on position?

And you had stated earlier that you only had one cube and the rest of the cavities where empty correct?

that is correct. I did shut it off and turned it back on last night which is what the manual stated to do but no cubes

ok is the icemaker only has one cube that means that it never filled with the correct amount of water.

And that would mean that you either have a water inlet valve issue or that the icemaker itself has failed.

lets test both

Activate: Press FZ+ and FF+ temperature pads for up to 10 sec. simultaneously.

Press FF+ or - to move forward or backward through tests. Deactivate: Press FF+ for up to 10 sec.

IM Diagnostic Mode will automatically deactivate after 5 min. of inactivity.

test 55C Water Valve Press Power On-Off Remove ice tray to collect water into a measuring container to measure water fill. If collecting water into ice tray, first perform test 63C to empty ice tray.

have absolutely no clue what you have sent - what is FF FZ 55C you are dealing with a person who has no knowledge about whatever it is you have sent
I think I'll have to get back to you later when my husband gets in he may understand better what it is that you need us to do.

the Fz is the freezer button .

The FF is the fresh food button

I do not have a FF or an FZ button. what I have done is I turned the ice maker button off for about 3 minutes, then I put it back on and I pressed the powerplus freezer button. I will see if this will increase production of the ice as it says in the manual. per the in-door controls, the only option I would have would be to shut the power off. I don't see where what you need me to do is possible.
John, Home Appliance Technician