Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you clean the filter on a machine made in USA s/n…

Customer Question
How do you clean...

How do you clean the filter on a machine made in USA s/n 68LSR7244MW3 CU1940154 older machine sorry do not know any more info about it Leaves scum all over dark clothes

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My grand Daughter moved into unit and she thinks the filter may never been cleaned

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Thermostat? and units have just been renovated

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it can be done

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We took of the top part from the agitator and there was something inside we could not move it and looks very grotty

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

There are no cleanable filters on the unit, you can just scrub that part out under the agitator, but it is not removable. You can fill it up partially with water then scrub it out, but that is really about all you can do on that unit.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.