Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

WATER FILTER WILL NOT GO IN OPENING OPENING NOT LINED UP

PROPERLY GE MODEL DFE29JGDCWW JA: Can...
WATER FILTER WILL NOT GO IN OPENING OPENING NOT LINED UP PROPERLY GE MODEL DFE29JGDCWW
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 YEARS, MODEL DFE29JGDCWW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WATER FILTER IS RPWFE
9/19/2017
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

I looked up your model and the filter you have listed RPWFE is the correct one. Try putting some vaseline on the orings on the end of the filter and reinserting it. It should just slip in and then you give it a twist to lock it.

Also, it this a OEM filter or aftermarket unit?

Let me know.

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
the inner white part is not lined up with gray housing so filter will not go in wife took out filter and went to lowes and got new one but did not put inbypass cartridge when we came back it is not naligned so old filter bypass cartridge or new filter wont go in i fix boilers chillers walkin ect
can we send a photo of the housing that the filter goes in to so that you can see what the problem is?
Phone call session started

Glad to hear we got it figure out Dan

Get the RPWF filter and you should be good to go.

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. No Rating means I work for free .

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician