Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an ipod nano 5 A 1320. When I use head phones, the…

Customer Question
I have an ipod...

I have an ipod nano 5 A 1320. When I use head phones, the music does not come out through the head phones. I hear it externally until I plug in the head phones and then there is no sound at all.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several months.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I am not a technician. the device plays well, i see it is playing songs and I hear the music until I plug in the head set.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

My best guess is that the headphones are the issue

Are you able to try a different set to check
The wires are very thin and are prone to break over time

The Nano is a robust device and the only other issue may be dust/lint in the hole itself, so a vacuum may be advised to draw out any debris

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.