Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave over stove making clicking sound every rotation,

Customer Question
Microwave over stove making...

Microwave over stove making clicking sound every rotation

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2006-Model# ***** Kitchen Aid

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing you want to do is open the door and remove the tray and plastic support below the try. Run the microwave with a cup of water inside for a minute and see if the clicking is gone. If so, try to reseat the tray and bottom support roller. If the clicking comes back, replace the bottom support roller in the link below.

CLICK HERE for bottom support roller

Other than that if you remove the tray and it still clicks, you need to replace the turntable motor below the microwave and that requires you to unscrew the bottom panel below the microwave and hinge it down and backwards to access the motor. Below is a link to the motor.

CLICK HERE for turntable motor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?