Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My KitchenAid dishwasher has a front panel control display.

Customer Question
My KitchenAid dishwasher has...

My KitchenAid dishwasher has a front panel control display. It will not start. The Hi Scrub light is on so I know there is power going to the dishwasher.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

W1031121B is on the inside of the door. It is probably 12 years old. The panel has been replaced already once about 8 years ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it was easy enough, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, the panel has always been highly sensitive. When you stand in front of the dishwasher your body heat would activate it. That's why I originally had the panel replaced. It was so sensitive to anyone in front of it. But replacing it did not solve the problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?