Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I moved into a five year old home with a new whirlpool side…

Customer Question
I moved into a...

I moved into a five year old home with a new whirlpool side by side refrigerator. I received no information; I do not even know the model. I found a flip-out cover over something at the bottom of the freezer door. What is it? It will not close.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would estimate that the refrigerator is about one year old. I do not know the model. It has water and ice in the door. I wonder if it could be something to do with that?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

There is nothing wrong with it. A flip out cover opened for some reason. I do not know what it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have told you all that I know!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The model number is ***** on a sticker inside the refrigerator section behind one of the salad box or on the side wall towards the top.

Also are you able to post a picture of the cover you see?