Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator's ice maker will fill with water but wont…

Customer Question
Hello I'm Eddie. My...

Hello I'm Eddie. My refrigerator's ice maker will fill with water but wont dump the ice. model is RB215LABP

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

ABOUT 5YRS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

MAYBE IF IT'S SIMPLE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only other thing is . I had a water leak and had to turn off the water. once I turned it back on the ice maker didn't work... is there a reset button anywhere

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

On the ice maker module the front portion of the ice maker itself there is a button if you press and hold it down for a few seconds it will reset the ice maker and it should begin a harvest cycle. If not let me know, thanks.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

There I'd not a button on the ice maker
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
There is not a reset button on the ice maker
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

I am going to opt out and let another tech help you with this.

Ok
Appliance Technician: Billy Olenick, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you out today with your appliance repair. We are on an honor system here and are only paid for our services once rated so please don't hesitate to rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you
When you turned off the water to the icemaker by any chance did you turn off the icemaker itself?
There is not an off and on button on the ice maker
It sounds like the heater for the mold burned out.At this point I recommend you replace with a new icemaker. Very easy to do. Just remove the old and replace with the new and you will be having ice in no time.
Where can I buy a new one
Repairclinic.Com is where I would purchase it from. You can order from them and they have a 1 year money back guarantee on all parts.
Ok. Thanks
No problem I hope this has helped you and hope you have ice again very soon.
do i
Once you put the new one in I have no doubt you will have ice. At this time will you click on a star rating for me and if you have any further questions just get back to me here.
Ok
Ty