Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a samsung side by side with water & ice through the…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung side by side with water & ice through the door. Recently the ice maker seems to have thawed and then refreezes. What would be the cause. I don't think that the door has been left open.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 9-10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly, my husband is pretty mechanical.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge seems to keep everything cold so I think that is the only problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is the food in the freezer thawing, too, or just the ice?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Just the ice. Model:RS2530BSH

If you look at the flapper that opens and closes to allow the ice to come out, is it closing and sealing well?