Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator is not running. It has power and the light…

Customer Question
My refrigerator is not...

My refrigerator is not running. It has power and the light comes on but the temperature display reads off. When i try to use the control to turn it on nothing happens. Model# ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I tried unplugging it and immediately plugging back in. I think it's been off for a couple hours and I just noticed

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure what kind of work it needs. Only of its a simple fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Im a stay at home mom, so I'm home all day for an appointment

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The main board has failed and will have to be replaced to fix the unit, the display controls sends the commands to the main board when they don't do anything at all like that the main board has died. You can unplug the unit for 10 minutes, plug it back in and see if it resets but if not replace the main board.

Main Board Assembly

Part #: WR55X26586 - click here for part info at sears

The board is located on the back of the unit behind the small metal cover about 2 foot up from the floor.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a moment to rate my assistance, thanks.