Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can we disconnect automatic exhaust fan which is so loud…

Customer Question
How can we disconnect...

How can we disconnect automatic exhaust fan which is so loud in our Whirlpool WMH 53520CS-2? It is not the microwave fan but the one which comes on when boiling water on burners.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it last year but sticker says it was manufactured in July of 2015. The model number I said above is the one on the door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, we will try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Another question which is separate, on our Whirlpool gas stove, the burners won't do a simmer (except for small simmer burner). Suggestions? We even bought a diffuser and it doesn't help too much. Mainly need help with these two issues.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The fan should not be disconnected because it will allow the internal components to get too hot while cooking on the range below. I know it is loud and bothersome but I would definitely not disconnect it. Do you have the model number of the range?