Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm trying to get the vegetable and fruit drawer shelf out…

Customer Question
I'm trying to get...

I'm trying to get the vegetable and fruit drawer shelf out of a Samsung fridge - model RF23HCEDTSR/AA so I can get to the coils. I think they are frozen. The fridge isn't cooling

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

That is the exact model. probably 3 - 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can. we live in a rural area where there are no local Samsung appliance techs

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ... again, the main problem is the fridge isn't cooling. I'm just stuck trying to get that shelf out so I can expose the coils

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

To remove the salad drawers in there what you need to do first is open the door and remove the door shelfs.

This will push upwards from the bottom and lift off from the door there.

Then pull the salad drawer out but lift it upwards as you pull it forwards and it will come out from there.

This is the same as the very bottom drawer as well.

it's the shelf I'm trying to get out. already have the drawers out

Ok if its the selfs you want to remove the then you will see they are in 2 halfs.

Hold the left hand shelf and lift the right hand one upwards and then you can remove it from there.

Once the right one is off you can then remove the left hand shelve from there.

ok ... either we're losing something in conversation or you're not familiar with this model. The vegetable and fruit drawer shelf is one piece, not two. I've attached a picture of the shelf. The main problem, though, is that the fridge is iced up and not cooling. I was trying to get this shelf out so I can get to the screws on the back that hold the housing over the coils in place. I've got to run out for an hour or so but will check back when I return. Please let me know if this is something you can help me with .Thanks!