Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Came home to flooded kitchen. Water coming from built in…

Customer Question
Came home to flooded...

Came home to flooded kitchen. Water coming from built in Side by side. Shut water off to fridge. Seems to be coming from filter, but could be water line break? Don't know how to pull the built in unit out to check water line? Is it possible that the leak is from the filter itself?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Thermador, KBUDT4250A02, put in 2000

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes...if it's just the water line

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So it's possible the leak is from the filter itself, you would have to just remove the filter and see if the leaking continues. If not, then just replace the filter. If the leaking does continue, the problem is going to be the filter housing. The connections where the water liens connect to the housing tend to go bad and it drips out and starts leaking rapidly. You'd need to replace the filter housing so below is a link to the part. It's a built-in refrigerator so it's not easy to work on and you may need a technician, but that's up to you. The water lines don't typically just fail, but you would need to pull the refrigerator out (which is a major task) if you can just inspect by looking under the refrigerator with a flash light to determine if the line is broken.

CLICK HERE for filter housing

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.