Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Kenmore Elite 66513129K703. After running it with the…

Customer Question
Hi, I have Kenmore Elite...
Hi, I have Kenmore Elite 66513129K703. After running it with the sani rinse option on at the end of the cycle the sani light is flashing. I have replaced the board in the last two months or so. We have a on demand water heater set to 140 degrees and run the water prior to using the dishwasher. Any thoughts ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The sani rinse light flashing means that your touch control panel thinks there is a stuck button. This is not a problem with the board itself, it's a problem with the touch control panel. These touch panels have been completely re-designed due to steam causing them to fail ahead of time. The part number is ***** for the new panel and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Do you think it's actually just a stuck button? I'm honestly tired of throwing money at this thing. I originally thought when that light flashes it ls not getting to temp. You don't think that when we use it under smart wash the water may be cooled too much inbetween times ?

Based on the fact these these touchpads fail and it was re-designed, it wouldn't matter if it's s stuck button or not because even if you unstick the button by rubbing on it, the problem will come back shortly---that is why they had to re-design it. And no, it has nothing to do with the water cooling down between times.

Okay so I have replaced the touchpad, new control board, ran the water prior to starting the dishwasher it's at 140 degrees. End of cycle I still get a blinking Sani light ... I'm at a loss Am I missing something ?

A blinking sani light doesn't mean there is an error unless it won't clear---then it means you have a bad touchpad.

How do I clear the light ? You suggested to replace the touchpad which I did and still have the issue.
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

you should just be able to press cancel to reset the light. If it doesn't, then the touchpad is bad so return the touchpad and get a new one because it came faulty.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?